I transitioned from vegetarian to vegan lifestyle 3 months ago and boy has it been a journey.
- I am in the grocery so much longer now.
- I have to read every label to make sure it is dairy free.
- I am always online researching vegan options.
- I have to go to specialty stores to get certain items and they are 45 min away.
- I have failed on so many vegan recipes.
- Some vegan foods are just NOT for me.
- Going out to eat is a challenge SOMETIMES.
- When people ask why are you vegan? ME:BLANK STARE
- When people ask don’t you miss eating meat? ME:BLANK STARE
- I feel a whole lot better.
- My skin is so clear.
- people tell me I look 20 years younger (I am 42).
- I love cooking new recipes that non-vegans love (hubby)
- I love going to new vegan restaurants.
- I love who I am becoming.
- I have lost weight.
- I am in the best shape of my life.
- I love the detox feeling.
- I love fresh juice.
- I love green smoothies.
- I can eat what I love just vegan style.
- I love eating healthy.
- I love the challenge.
- I have met some great vegans on-line.
- I get emails asking for guidance.
The good out weigh the bad & ugly every thing in life is not perfect and I wanted to make sure that anyone that is thinking of transitioning know that there will be some tough challenges.
Tagged: dairy free, good bad and ugly of vegan life style, living as a vegan, living healthy, meat free, my opinion of living vegan, vegan, vegan if healthy living, vegan lifestyle, veganfitchic, vegans of color, vegans point of view